3 Man Tournament Rules
Ammended rules for this event
- All standard NXL Rules apply -> Rulebook
- Race to 2 Game format, Split deck format
- Event Paint ONLY! Any team caught using non-event paint will be disqualified from this event.
- Game time = 3 minutes
- 30 Second transition, once prior point is confirmed
- 10.5 bps, ramping (Standard rules)
- 300 fps, players will be chrono’d at start of game and randomly after point
- No modified masks allowed. Chin straps are optional. If mask has a chin strap, it must be fastened.
- All jerseys/shirts must be tucked into pod pack. Short sleeve tshirts allowed, with full arm pads. No Cut off shirts or exposed arms allowed.
- All players will be required to wear full length pants. No shorts.
- Each Point will be 3 minutes
- Teams will stage in designated pit at beginning of game. They will rotate sides of field after each point.
- Only active players are allowed on field during game play.
- Dead players should leave the field once eliminated. A Dead player may say “Gone or Dead” one time after being eliminated.
- Once Refs indicated end of point, players/staff may reenter field to retrieve equipment.
- Coaching is only allowed outside of net line “only” prior to the beginning of the start of the game.
- The top 2 teams from each Bracket will move on to the Semi-Finals.
- There will be 2 Brackets in the semi-finals. At conclusion of semi-finals, the #1 team from each bracket will play for 1st and 2nd, the #2 team from each bracket will play for 3rd.
- In the event a game ends in a tie or draw. Those 2 teams will play 1 additional point, 3 minutes long.
- If at the end of the 4th point, both teams are still tied, teams will play a single 1 vs 1 game, winner take all.
- In the event there are multiple teams tied at the end of Prelims, Semi-Finals, or etc. The tie breaker will be determined by the team with the fastest point scored. If 2 teams have the same time, we will go the second fastest point between those 2 teams and so on until a winner is determined.
- All standard NXL Penalties apply during game play on and off the field
- There will be a chrono set up outside of each pit area that can be used before entering the field.
- Each player will be chrono’d prior to game play. If a player is over 300 fps, they will be given 30 seconds to adjust or swap their marker or a team can substitute player. At the conclusion of 30 seconds, teams will be required to move to start gate without player.
- After game play, 1 player from each team will be checked. If a player is found to be over 300 fps, there will be a 15 second penalty assessed for every 15 fps over 300 fps. Ex: Player is checked at 305fps = 15 second added to point time
- Once flag is hanged, all players on field will be considered dead, except the player hanging the flag. Only the flag hanger will be checked at end of point.
- No Point awarded for Dirty Hang
Obvious Hit Found
- Team will be assessed a 90 second penalty to fastest point scored in that game!
Unobvious Hit Found
- Team will be assessed a 45 second penalty to fastest point scored in that game!
Excessive arguing with Referee’s
- Only the team captain or coach should approach the ref to discuss any call made on the field.
- Any clarification needed after a point must be directed only to the Head Ref.
- A player will receive a single warning for excessive arguing or use of foul language towards a ref.
- If a player continues to argue with Ref, a 15 Second penalty will be assessed on the fastest point scored for that team. There will be an additional 15 second penalty if a player continues.
Black Ops Field Rules
- Teams that are playing in this event will be asked to NOT use the garage or inside staging area. There will be an area designated for players to set up tents and tables to the side of the building.
- Please Keep your Tent/Staging areas clean. At the end of the day, please stack your boxes next to the trash cans.
- Please refrain from using profanity or rude language as there will be parents, children, and other customers at the field!
- Please do not fire your markers outside of the designated areas.
- Barrel Bags are 100% required outside of the playing field. No barrel squeegees or barrel buffers, only proper barrel bags!
- This event is being recorded to be published at a later date! Please be aware of all camera equipment, as it is expensive. Also, please keep in mind your behaviors!
- Please be respectful of all vendors and their tent areas.
- Let’s have a good event!
Game Day Schedule
- 6:30 am - Registration/Pro Shop Opens
- 7:30 am - Captains meeting
- 8:00 am - Game 1 begins
- Event Paint only!
- Teams can pre-pay for paint the day before, but will not be allowed to pick up paint until the morning of the event!
- Any team caught using non-event paint will be disqualified from the remainder of the event, with no refund!